Title: GCF – “I want to have it all!”
Location: CRC Office – Wycliffe College
Description:I have many desires for my life.
– I want to have a fulfilling career in campus or parish ministry or in any other career to which I am called.
– I want to have a healthy and satisfying marriage.
– I want to continue my formal education, taking classes occasionally or part-time.
– I want to have children, and I want to work part-time or not at all while they are young.
– I want to be a valuable contributor to committees and other groups that do good work.
– I want to volunteer with an organization that helps those less fortunate than me.
– I want to be an active member of my church community.
– I want to have time for leisure.
– I want to keep in shape, so that I can continue to live healthfully for many years.
– I want to be financially secure while I work and in my retirement.
– I want.
– I want.
– I want.
I want to have it all!
This week at GCF we will be having a conversation about the notion of “having it all.” We’ll be asking questions and brainstorming together, sharing our stories and learning from one another.
What does it mean to “have it all,” as we typically imagine it?
Is this “having it all” vision for life possible? Is it truly desirable?
What is good about this goal-oriented vision? What is missing from it?
Is this imagined vision of life and vocation different for men, for women, for Christians?
Are there limits to what we can or should do with our lives?
You are warmly invited to join us on Thursday evening at 6:00 pm in the campus ministry office (basement of Wycliffe College) for a meal of soup and bread and fellowship, followed by a conversation about “having it all” at around 7:15 pm.
If you’ve already got this whole life/vocation/discipleship thing all figured out, please come to enlighten the rest of us.
If you are often baffled by this whole life/vocation/discipleship thing, but are interested in participating in a community that is trying to imagine together and to live out together what a holistic way forward looks like, you are warmly invited to join us.
And bring along a friend or two who might enjoy some good food, fellowship, and stimulating conversation.
I look forward to seeing you this Thursday.
Sara Gerritsma DeMoor
Start Time: 18:00