The CRC campus ministry to the University of Toronto was founded in 1969 by what was then called Christian Reformed Home Missions, in partnership with Classis Toronto of the CRC. Classis Toronto consists of congregations throughout the larger GTA (stretching as far north as Orillia). In recent years, Home Missions has been renamed “Resonate: Global Missions.”
The ministry continues to receive generous and stable funding from Classis Toronto, as well as an annual grant from Resonate. Our friends at the Church of the Redeemer have also partnered with us over the years in support of our music ministry.
Over the years, we have also received grants from:
- The Kenneth and Jean Baker Emerging Leaders Scholarship Fund
- The Stanford and Priscilla Reid Foundation
- The Community Counts Foundation
- Citizens for Public Justice
And we also depend upon members of our campus ministry communities, alumni, and friends for about a third of our annual budget.
How Can You Help Support the Ministry?
There are six ways that you can give to this ministry, all of which are tax receiptable:
1. E-transfer. The Classis Toronto treasurer can receive and properly receipt donations by e-transfer to email@example.com.
And we can all use this standard security question: Where is the office?
2. Online at Canada Helps. Go to www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/classis-toronto-of-the-christian-reformed-church/. At that site click on “Apply your donation to a Specific Fund”. Then select the U of T Campus Ministry, to ensure your donation reaches us.
3. Pre-Authorized Remittance (PAR). You can authorize your financial institution to automatically withdraw an assigned amount from you account as a donation to this ministry on a monthly basis. If you are interested in this form of giving, contact us and we will happily send you the necessary form.
You can, of course, adjust your monthly giving (increase or decrease) at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Cheque. Cheques need to be written out to “Classis Toronto” with “U of T Campus Ministry” on the memo line. Cheques can mailed to us at:
c/o Clearview Church
2300 Sheridan Garden Drive
Oakville, ON L6J 7R2
5. U.S. donations. For donors from the United States you can make a tax receiptable donation in two ways:
a) Cheque. Cheques can be made out to “Christian Reformed Church”
with “2A2514 University of Toronto Campus Ministry” on the memo line. Mail cheques to:
Resonate Global Mission
1700 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI USA 49508-1407
b) Online. Go to: https://www.resonateglobalmission.org/support/donate-now and select US dollars. On the “For” menu select “Projects-Canada,” then choose from the next drop down menu “University of Toronto Above Grant”. This will ensure that your donation is over and above the grant that we already receive from Resonate. A tax receipt will be generated for this donation. Helpful note: Be sure to select Projects-Canada and NOT Missionaries-Canada.