The CRC campus ministry to the University of Toronto was founded in 1969 by what was then called Christian Reformed Home Missions, in partnership with Classis Toronto of the CRC. Classis Toronto consists of congregations throughout the large GTA (stretching as far north as Orillia). In recent years, Home Missions has been renamed “Resonate: Global Missions.”
The ministry continues to receive generous and stable funding from Classis Toronto, as well as an annual grant from Resonate. Dr. Walsh’s teaching is another source of revenue for the ministry, together with sales from our Books Before Breakfast series. Our friends at the Church of the Redeemer have also partnered with us over the years in support of our music ministry.
Over the years, we have also received grants from:
- The Kenneth and Jean Baker Emerging Leaders Scholarship Fund
- The Stanford and Priscilla Reid Foundation
- The Community Counts Foundation
- Citizens for Public Justice
And we also depend upon members of our campus ministry communities, alumni, and friends for about a third of our annual budget.
How Can You Help Support the Ministry?
There are five ways that you can give to this ministry, all of which are tax receiptable:
1. Pre-Authorized Remittance (PAR). You could authorize your financial institution to automatically withdraw an assigned amount from you account as a donation to this ministry. If you are interested in this form of giving, contact us and we will happily send you the necessary form.
2. Cheque. Cheques need to be written out to “Classis Toronto” with “U of T Campus Ministry” on the memo line. Cheques can be given at the office or mailed to us at
CRC Campus Ministry
5 Hoskin Ave.
Toronto, ON M5S 1H7
3. Cash donations can be received at the office. If you would like a receipt, please put the cash in an envelope with your name and address on it.
4. Online: Canada Helps. Go to www.canadahelps.org and search for “Classis Toronto.” At that site click on “Apply your donation to a Specific Fund”. Then click on U of T Campus Ministry and you’ve donated to the ministry.
5. U.S. donations. For donors from the United States you make a tax receiptable donation in two ways:
a) Cheque. Cheques need to be written to “Resonate Global Mission” with “Above Grant: U of T Campus Ministry” on the memo line. It is very important that it is clearly indicated that this is an “Above Grant” donation. Mail cheques to:
Resonate Global Mission
1700 28th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI USA 49508-1407
b) Online. Go to: https://www.resonateglobalmission.org/support/donate-now and select US dollars. On the “For” menu select “Canadian Missionaries”, and at the bottom of that list are two options for “Walsh/Wichert Univ of Toronto”. PICK THE SECOND ONE THAT ENDS WITH “MP+”. This ensure that your donation is over and above the grant that we already receive from Resonate. A tax receipt will be generated for this donation.